Healthy Eating

Jun 29, 2007

Sunlight is Still The Best Source of Vitamin D

I am admittedly a critic of Kevin Trudeau for being all talk and no cure. So when his new book, "Natural Cures Revealed" was advertised I was not convinced that he had changed. However, he promised to name the actual cures and site the research in this book. More importantly, he promised to actually reveal research and brand names that he had not revealed in his first book.
Most importantly, I wanted to see the research, check the sources with those I had and find out if he had really found something special to offer.
I received the book at 3:15 pm on a Wednesday, June 29th, 2007 and I am very pleased to report that the first page I turned to gave me some exciting news that confirms what I have been reporting: Vitamin D reduces cancer by 50 percent. Scientists at the University of California found that the natural form of Vitamin D which comes from the sun, dramatically reduces the chances of developing breast, ovarian, and colon cancer. CNN reports that a multi-year study on 2,300,000 people shows that Vitamin D reduced cancer by 50 percent. It ought to be a headline and the number one news item of the day, but almost no one knows about this remarkable finding.
This is why I am so convinced that playing tennis outdoors is so beneficial to our health and especially to the seniors who continue to play the game outdoors well into their mid 80s and even as old as 92-years-old. Doctors are going the route of the churches: Remember when they would tell you to either follow their advice or find a new doctor and churches claimed that for those who believe no explanation is possible and for those who don’t - no explanation is possible. Well both have suffered from the technical revolution of communication that will tell it like it is no matter which sacred cow is offended.
The best source of Vitamin D is that which comes from the sun. For years people have complimented me on the color of my skin and the healthy glow of my face. It is not just genetic, it is that I have always liked being outdoors and biked, swam, walked miles and played baseball, football, tennis and love gardening which rewarded me with all that free Vitamin D.
Today I watched two nonagenarians (91 and 92-years-old) playing tennis. Happy to be kids again and enjoying the friendship, love and thrill of the game, they gladdened my heart so much, I took a quick ride home to get my digital camera. All this is just more evidence that everything good is not found in a bottle.
The Cleveland Clinic and the USTA (United States Tennis Association) are researching the health benefits of the sport of tennis. They can only find out what I have already known these past two decades: A multitude of health benefits are in store for those who play the game. You don’t have to be the best nor does your coordination have to be outstanding, just give it a try. The surroundings cause endorphins to flow immediately and the smiles and joy of those around you is contagious. But its not only tennis, it could be gardening, biking, swimming or walking or just enjoying the great outdoors. You’ll look healthier, feel younger, breathe better and be glad your alive. Mr. Trudeau is challenging a broken health care system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home