Healthy Eating

Mar 16, 2008

Medical Doctors Who Believe in Mother Nature

Medical Doctors Who Believe In Mother Nature
I have often been critical of medical professionals who depend solely on prescription drugs and surgery, and so it is time to give credit where it is due. There were many doctors, through the years and even now, who offered advice that was not only valuable but healing.
Over 35 years ago, when I was smoking, a problem of swallowing became serious enough for me to seek medical counsel. X-rays and examination of my throat and tongue revealed a black fungal growth. While waiting in the dressing room, I prayed that I would never again smoke if only God would grant me a pardon for the stupid habit that led to this condition. The doctor didn’t operate, but he did suggest that I rub my tongue with a fresh lemon each morning, noon and night and swallow some fresh squeezed lemon. It did the trick and this medical doctor may have saved my life. The prayer and commitment to stop smoking also played a part in my longevity. On April 19, 1972 at 2 p.m. I stopped smoking - cold turkey - and determined never to be cursed with a habit that could kill me and deprive my children and grandchildren of the joy we have experienced since then.
A Pakistani doctor who has been my friend for more than 30 years and an excellent badminton player, was the first to teach me the natural way to cleanse my nasal passages and sinuses using cupped hands to allow the flow of a saline solution through my nose, down through my sinuses and then spit out. That led me to the neti-pot, sea salt and distilled water that keeps me healthy through the winter. It helped me with the continual problem I had with bronchial infection, pneumonia and a severe cough and fever every winter.
Syed S. U. Jaffri, M.D. believes in the value of prayer that serves the mind, body and spirit in a manner that makes us whole and free of anxiety, stress, and the problem of "fear, fright - fight or flight". He has a family practice and is a psychiatrist of the highest intelligence and skill - with many certificates of recognition - internationally.
Dilip Patel, M.D. is a medical doctor from India (an eye surgeon who is a doctor’s doctor) who expressed his belief that mother nature heals best. With kindness, caring and dedication he helped me with retinal detachment, using laser technology and therefore saved my sight. He is not hesitant to tell other patients of my effort to use food and nutrition to heal the body. He credited my use of the lutein, in the wild blueberries added to oatmeal every morning, for staving off the surgery that was originally predicted for my right eye. I can see well enough to drive at night with perfect clarity. God bless Dilip Patel, M.D. for his skill, caring and acceptance of the role of nutrition in healing my eyes.
In May of 1996 after spending 11 days in the cardiac monitoring unit with ventricular tachycardia, I was told that I required major surgery to alleviate serious arrhythmias. I went to Blase Sekovski, M.D. ( a cardiologist) who carefully examined me and did tests to determine the severity of my heart condition. It was this physician who brought me to the understanding of the value of magnesium in increasing the electro-conductivity in the body. He wrote the prescription for "Magonate", a combination of magnesium and gluconate which led me to start research on a nutrition-based-regimen to keep me out of the I. C. C. U. This wonderful physician is Macedonian and also fortified my belief in food as the best way to keep healthy. He brought Pomegranate to my attention. Pomegranate helps neutralize free radicals that may damage cells. This is a fruit concentrate and pomegranate seed that dates back to 3000 B.C. Only pomegranate, fig, olive, grape and date have the earliest recording of a domestic crop. The pomegranate was also praised in the Old Testament of the Bible, in the Babylonian Talmud and featured in Egyptian mythology. In Egypt, pomegranates were a symbol of safe passage into the next life and were found placed near treasures of King Tutankhamen. In Medieval textile motifs, the pomegranate is the symbol of Spain and a crowned pomegranate was the personal badge of Catherine of Aragon.
My personal physician, Lester S. Sielski, M.D., very supportive and was the first to document the blood work that led Ralph J. Argen, M.D. to encourage me to write the book "Make Eating A Lifestyle Change."
Sanford H. Levy, M.D. could no longer restrict himself to the regimen
of typical approaches to healing and became an "Integrative Medicine" practitioner. His web site reveals the deep feelings and soul-searching this physician went through to cross over to a more inclusive approach to healing - which is not supported by health insurance plans. He examined my friend who was had stage four melanoma. Dr. Levy told my friend that he was fortunate to have my counsel and respected the research I did regarding a "whole food" approach to living healthy. My friend lived, independently, in his own apartment and played tennis to within two months of his death. He answered the door, when Hospice arrived to take him to die pain-free - the last week of his life.
So you see, the change we are all looking for is taking place. The technological revolution gave people the ability to keep up with the research. We are finding ways to avoid spending more money, than any other country on the planet and leaving behind almost 50 million people. You are part of that, because you are taking the time to find a better way. You can avoid the pitfalls of a failed health care system that ranks us as 45th in longevity of all the industrialized nations of the world. Choose a doctor who is open-minded and willing to put in the time to learn about the latest research findings. An "Integrative Medicine Doctor" is one who is willing to approach your health issues using a broader spectrum of modalities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home